Monday, August 27, 2012

Remember This?

So, remember when I got all crazy and cut up a bunch of fabric for a Christmas Sparkle Punch quilt? Then I reigned it in a little and started a pillow? Well, that pillow has bone done for a few weeks but I'm just getting around to showing you...

                                          Sparkle Punch Pillow
I used a variety of red and green prints with one yellow star thrown in just for fun. A little hand quilting in red perle on the Essex linen and the front was done.

                                         Close up of pillow
I finished the pillow with a simple envelope closure since I didn't have any zippers long enough. For the back of the pillow I just used up some of the scraps from the front. 

                                         pillow back

I actually just intended to have the patchwork strips and plain linen strips, but I got a bit distracted cutting the linen and had to add the red/green blocks to get them back to the right size. I blame it on my kids eating red popsicles around my sewing area...

So now I have a tiny start on my Christmas decorations for the year. I have an idea for an autumn-inspired pillow that I really want to make, so hopefully I'll find some time for that before fall is over!

**Linking up with the fabulous ladies at Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday**

18 comments:

  1. I do remember this, you decided to start that huge project mid- pregnancy! Looks fantastic as a pillow. I just bought the same shade of Essex linen, it's lovely with the red thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And much more manageable than a quilt - at least for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And you have me starting a Christmas Sparkle Punch! I've cut all of my prints and WOW, you were right when you said it was a lot of cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely - I think you have beaten my Christmas sewing for this year already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great decision to downsize to a pillow, Toni! It looks fabulous and don't you just love how much hand stitching adds to the beauty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous pillow, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Toni! I'd be tempted to leave it out year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful pillow Toni - I have never attempted the Sparkle Punch pattern but doing it on a smaller scale is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, you've been holding out on us? Can't think what's been preoccupying you... ;o) (psst, change your sidebar)

    Cushion looks fab anyway :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great - I especially like your hand quilting and that one yellow star.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love LOVE it, Toni! :o) It's gorgeous.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so pretty! I love it! I just may have to make one like it someday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, and the hand quilting sets it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pillow! I love the pop of yellow and the hand stitching details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Toni, what shade of Essex is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I love it Toni. And that little pop of yellow just makes the whole thing. Such fun hand stitching too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE it! What makes it extra special for me is the hand-stitching. This pattern has never been my favorite (I may be the only one) but yours has turned my head and changed my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete